Nestled on the foothills of the Langeberg Mountain range
Nestled on the foothills of the Langeberg Mountain range in the heart of Montagu, 20 on Church is a picturesque two hour's drive from Cape Town on the popular Route 62. This ideal stopover destination between Cape Town and the Garden Route, offers intrepid travelers a stylish haven to relax and rejuvenate not often associated with Bed & Breakfast establishments.
Managed by the owners of neighboring Mimosa Lodge who also handle all enquiries, breakfast is enjoyed in its award winning restaurant. German and Swiss-German also spoken.
20 on Church offers you the choice of four lavish en-suite bedrooms: one Double, one Queen or two King sized rooms, one of which opens up into a private garden where you can enjoy the luxuries of an outside shower. Built in 1858, the spacious building boasts high ceilings and comfortable proportions. This historical establishment offers the following facilities: ceiling fan, heaters and hair dryers in all bedrooms and a honesty bar, tea and coffee making facilities and a cosy lounge area to share where you can enjoy the luxuries of reading a great book, watching the evening news or enjoy playing a game of cards over a delicious glass of Mimosa's finest wine.
Surrounded by majestic mountains in the heart of the Robertson Wine Valley which is incidentally South Africa's longest wine route, 20 on Church will gladly organise or recommend any of the following activities:
• Wine farm visits and tastings through the numerous wine farms in the Robertson Wine Valley;
• Hiking for both beginners and the more advanced hiking aficionados;
• Mountain biking expeditions complete with picnic or a light packed lunch if required;
• Rock climbing up any of the numerous cliff faces;
• Scenic tractor rides which the entire family will enjoy;
• Boat cruises where on-board wine tastings are gladly arranged;
• Horse riding and outrides through the farmlands;
• Relaxation in the hot springs for which Montagu is famous;
• On track or off-road quad biking;
• Guided tours on-foot through the historic town.